It's Time for a New Cell Phone and Plan!
Did you know that you can get a a new cell phone and very low rate plan if you already qualify for one of these:
- Food Stamps or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans Pension and Survivor's Benefit.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (only those households meeting its income qualifying standard)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
If you qualify via the government program participation method rather than by your income level (most people do), be sure to select that method because income qualification requires more documentation. Eligibility by program participation is a breeze.
But you don't have to qualify for one of these gov't programs to be eligible!
If you want to further look into the process, there's a longer (more boring) version here: https://www.lifelinesupport.org/